Over the past several days, the Chicago White Sox have announced many moves relating to their farm system and players. Here’s a recap of what you may have missed:
- Alec Hansen is scheduled to make his first start of the season this weekend with the Birmingham Barons. Hansen is the White Sox No. 4 prospect according to MLB Pipeline. It is not yet known which day he will pitch.
- Avisail Garcia began a rehab stint with the Triple-A Charlotte Knights on Tuesday. Rick Hahn expects him to play 7-10 games with the Knights before returning to the White Sox.
- On Tuesday, Rick Hahn announced Luis Robert will be promoted to High-A Winston-Salem Dash within the next 7-10 days. Robert was recently activated off the DL on June 5th and has been playing for Low-A Kannapolis.
- Micker Adolfo is set to begin a throwing program shortly. If all goes well, he could return to the outfield in 4-6 weeks. This comes after he was shut down due to an elbow injury. If he suffers a setback, surgery is still an option.
- Eloy Jimenez will not be heading to the Majors right from Double-A. Rick Hahn announced that he will make a stop in Triple-A Charlotte at some point before joining the big league club.
- A.J. Puckett recently threw a simulated game as he recovers from an elbow injury. Puckett was one of the players the White Sox acquired in the Melky Cabrera deal last July.
- Zack Burdi is now throwing off a mound regularly. This comes after Burdi had Tommy John surgery last July. He could pitch as soon as this fall, and is expected to be good to go for Spring Training 2019.
- Victor Diaz is returning to the field and playing catch, per Rick Hahn. Diaz came to Chicago in the Chris Sale trade along with Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech, and Luis Alexander Basabe. He has been dealing with a shoulder injury.
- Nate Jones was placed on the 10-Day DL with a muscle strain. Juan Minaya was recalled from Triple-A Charlotte. Jones will be reevaluated in a week.
- Chris Beck was claimed off waivers by the New York Mets. The move came four days after the White Sox DFA’d the right-handed pitcher.
- The White Sox announced the signings of the following draft picks on Wednesday: Kelvin Maldonado, Jason Bilous, Jimmy Galusky, Codi Heuer, Lency Delgado, Jonathan Stiever, Gunnar Troutwine, Travis Moniot, Romy Gonzalez, Gabriel Ortiz, Rigo Fernandez, Jack Maynard, Devon Perez, Ian Dawkins, Lane Ramsey, Taylor Varnell, Luke Shilling, Cabrera Weaver, Andrew Perez, Bennett Sousa, Austin Conway, Aaron Soto, Nick Johnson, and Logan Sowers.
- Danny Farquhar posted a new video on his Instagram Thursday. It shows him swinging golf clubs at a driving range with the caption, “Got a few strange looks for the helment, but I don’t mind… first time hitting the golf ball post surgery, and I think I still got it!
Danny Farquhar swinging the clubs for the first time since his surgery.
📹: dfarquhar17 / Instagram pic.twitter.com/g5TKDQHr9H
— Sox On 35th (@SoxOn35th) June 14, 2018