Happy Father’s Day, Sox fans! Here’s some White Sox news and notes for Sunday, June 17th, 2018:
- The High-A Winston-Salem Dash are headed to the playoffs. The team became first-half Southern Division champions on Thursday after an 8-2 victory and a Buies Creek loss to Potomac. The Carolina League’s playoffs will begin at the conclusion of the regular season in September.
- Leury Garcia began a rehab assignment with the Triple-A Charlotte Knights on Saturday. He went 1-4 with a double. Garcia was placed on the DL back on May 24th with a left knee sprain.
- Miguel Gonzalez threw 25 pitches in a simulated game on Saturday morning. He is scheduled to throw another simulated game in Cleveland and a bullpen session later in the week. If all goes well, Gonzalez will begin a rehab assignment as early as next Sunday, June 24th.
- Alec Hansen was activated off the DL on Saturday and made his 2018 season debut for the Double-A Birmingham Barons. Hansen pitched 4.2 innings, gave up 6 earned runs on 1 walk and 9 hits, one of which was a home run. He also struck out 4. Out of the 78 pitches he threw, 48 were strikes.
- Spencer Adams made his Triple-A debut last night for the Charlotte Knights and he was dominant. He threw 7 innings, gave up just 2 earned runs on 3 hits and 3 walks. 56 of his 91 pitches were strikes.
Featured Image: Birmingham Barons (@BhamBarons)