What a day it was for the White Sox minor league affiliates! Many prospects were packing their bags and heading up to the next level as the organization announced a wave of promotions. Among the guys on the move were top prospects Eloy Jimenez, Dylan Cease, and Luis Robert. After the dust settled, baseball was played and a lot of positives can be taken away from each level tonight. Here’s a look at the action that took place down on the farm.
Rookie Great Falls Voyagers
It was a tough one for the young guys out in Great Falls. The Mustangs scored 5 runs off starting pitcher Chris Comito and added 6 more in what turned out to be a loss for the White Sox Rookie League affiliate.
- Lenyn Sosa (2B): 1-4, HR (1), 2 RBI, run scored
- Logan Sowers (RF): 2-2, HR (1), 2 BB, RBI, run scored
- Gunnar Troutwine (C): 0-3, BB, RBI
- Jimmy Galusky (SS): 1-3, run scored
- Chris Comito (SP): 5.0 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 HR
- 56 of 85 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Billings 11, Great Falls 4 | Box Score
Low-A Kannapolis Intimidators
If you take a look at the Intimidators box score, you’ll immediately notice they had an offensive explosion to back up a strong performance by John Parke. The one through seven hitters each had at least one hit and one run scored.
- Nolan Brown (CF): 2-5, 2B, 2 runs scored
- Luis Curbelo (2B): 2-5, 2 RBI, run scored
- John Parke (SP): 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- 56 of 84 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Kannapolis 9, Delmarva 0 | Box Score
— LS (@ScrantonSox) June 21, 2018
High-A Winston-Salem Dash
With a lineup highlighted by prospect Luis Robert, the Dash were able to over power the Ducks thanks to back-to-back bombs from Blake Rutherford and Micker Adolfo.
- Luis Robert (CF): 1-3, SB, run scored
- Blake Rutherford (RF): 1-4, HR (5), RBI, run scored
- Micker Adolfo (DH): 2-4, 2B, HR (8), 2 RBI, one run scored
- Tanner Banks (SP): 7.0 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- 59 of 88 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Down East 2, Winston-Salem 4 | Box Score
For the second time this season, we hit back-to-back jacks.
Tonight, it was @BlakeRuth2 and Micker Adolfo doing the honors.
— Winston-Salem Dash (@WSDashBaseball) June 22, 2018
Double-A Birmingham Barons
Matt Rose and newcomer Joel Booker lead the offensive charge tonight for Birmingham, as the Barons held off a ninth-inning Montgomery rally for the win.
- Joel Booker (LF): 4-5, 2B, 2 runs scored
- Luis Alexander Basabe (CF): 1-5
- Zack Collins (C): 0-3, 2 BB
- Trey Michalczewski (3B): 1-5, 2 RBI
- Matt Rose (1B): 2-4, 2 HRs (10), 2 RBI, 2 runs scored
- Matt Tomshaw (SP): 5.0 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- 63 of 90 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Birmingham 6, Montgomery 5 | Box Score
— Birmingham Barons (@BhamBarons) June 22, 2018
Triple-A Charlotte Knights
All the hype in this one was around Eloy Jimenez who was making his long awaited Triple-A debut. Jimenez delivered with a single and even made a nice play in right field. Also, Carson Fulmer was on the mound, and made his best Triple-A start this season.
- Eddie Alvarez (SS): 2-4
- Eloy Jimenez (RF): 1-3, BB
- Matt Skole (3B): 2-4
- Patrick Leonard (DH): 1-4, HR (5), run scored
- Casey Gillaspie (1B): 2-4, 2B
- Carson Fulmer (SP): 7.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 11 K, 2 HR
- 69 of 102 pitches were strikes
- 11 strikeouts marks a new career-high for Fulmer
Final Score: Columbus 4, Charlotte 1 | Box Score
— Caballeros de Charlotte (@CaballerosdeCLT) June 22, 2018
— Charlotte Knights (@KnightsBaseball) June 22, 2018
For more updates, be sure to follow us on Twitter @SoxOn35th.
Featured Image: @CaballerosdeCLT (Twitter)