AZL White Sox
Brayan Herrera got his second win of the season thanks to 5-strong and a 3-run third inning from the offense.
- Micah Coffey (3B): 1-2, 2 BB, run scored
- Cabera Weaver (LF): 1-3, 2B, BB, RBI, run scored
- Anderson Comas (RF): 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI,
- Brayan Herrera (SP): 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
Final Score: AZL Dodgers 2, AZL White Sox 3 | Box Score
Rookie Great Falls Voyagers
Spencer Moran had a solid outing for the Voyagers, tossing seven-scoreless innings.
- Lenyn Sosa (SS): 2-4
- Amado Nunez (2B): 1-4, 2B, RBI
- Adam McGinnis (DH): 1-3, 2B, run scored
- Spencer Moran (SP): 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- 58 of 86 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Missoula 0, Great Falls 3 | Box Score
Low-A Kannapolis Intimidators
There was a pitching duel and some bonus baseball tonight in Kannapolis. In the eleventh, Cristian Perez scored on a line drive by Brewer Hicklen to give Lexington the only run of the night.
- Nolan Brown (LF): 2-5
- Craig Dedelow (CF): 1-4, BB
- Tyler Frost (RF): 1-3, BB, 2B
- Zach Lewis (SP): 6.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
- 49 of 74 pitches were strikes
Final Score (11): Lexington 1, Kannapolis 0 | Box Score
High-A Winston-Salem Dash
The Dash had another offensive explosion as they battled back and forth with Frederick. With a whopping total of 23 hits, Winston-Salem was able to get the win 12-10. They win the 5-game series 3-2.
- Luis Gonzalez (CF): 2-6, RBI, run scored
- Blake Rutherford (RF): 3-6, 2B, RBI, run scored
- Yermin Mercedes (DH): 4-6, HR (6), 4 RBI, run scored
- Gavin Sheets (1B): 3-6, 2B, RBI, run scored
- Extends hitting streak to 13 games
- Ti’Quan Forbes (2B): 4-5, 2B, HR (4), 3 RBI, 2 runs scored
- Finished a triple shy of the cycle
- Nate Nolan (C): 3-5, 2 2B, RBI, run scored
- Blake Hickman (SP): 5.0 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 0 K, 3 HR
- 56 of 85 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Winston-Salem 12, Frederick 10 | Box Score
Check out our new podcast with Dash broadcaster Joe Weil to hear more about the team!
Double-A Birmingham Barons
Jimmy Lambert, fresh off his promotion from High-A Winston-Salem, went 6 strong innings in his debut for the Barons. He struck out 7, walked 3, and only gave up one run. Matt Rose had the highlight of the game, though, when he smoked his second grand slam of the year.
- Joel Booker (LF): 1-4, run scored
- Luis Alexander Basabe (CF): 1-5, run scored
- Zack Collins (C): 1-3, BB
- Matt Rose (1B): 1-4, HR (11), 4 RBI, run scored
- Hit grand slam in the 8th inning
- Keon Barnum (DH): 2-4, HR (8), 2 RBI, run scored
- Jimmy Lambert (SP): 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
- 65 of 97 pitches were strikes.
Final Score: Jackson 1, Birmingham 8 | Box Score
Triple-A Charlotte Knights
With Miguel Gonzalez headed back to Chicago to be reevaluated after feeling more discomfort in his shoulder, Jordan Guerrero was promoted from Double-A Birmingham to get the start. He went 5 innings and gave up 3 runs.
- Jose Rondon (SS): 2-5, 2 2B, run scored
- Eloy Jimenez (LF): 2-3, BB, RBI, run scored
- Seby Zavala (DH): 1-4, 2B, run scored
- Trayce Thompson (CF): 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI, run scored
- Jordan Guerrero (SP): 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- 49 of 80 pitches were strikes.
Final Score: Gwinnett 4, Charlotte 5 | Box Score
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @SoxOn35th for more updates!
Featured Image: Winston-Salem Dash (Twitter) / @WSDashBaseball