Arizona League White Sox
It was a big night down in Glendale as White Sox first-round draft pick Nick Madrigal made his pro debut. He was hit twice but scored on a 2-run single by Ty Greene. The Sox eventually went to extras and gave up two runs in the top of the 10th. However, they battled back as Luis Mieses hit a 2-RBI double for the walk-off win.
- Nick Madrigal (SS): 0-1, 2 HBP, run scored
- Luis Mieses (CF): 2-5, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Lency Delgado (DH): 0-2, run scored
- Micah Coffey (3B): 2-3, BB
- Aaron Soto (SP): 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 1 HR
Final Score/10: AZL Indians (2) 4, AZL White Sox 5 | Box Score
Rookie Great Falls Voyagers
The Voyagers exploded for 6 runs in the 6th inning and the rest is history. They will go for the series sweep on Friday night.
- Logan Sowers (RF): 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Adam McGinnis (C): 1-4, HR (3), RBI, 2 runs scored
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (1B): 2-4, run scored
- Maiker Feliz (3B): 2-4, RBI, 2 runs scored
- Jonathan Stiever (SP): 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- 16 of 20 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Missoula 5, Great Falls 8 | Box Score
Low-A Kannapolis Intimidators
The Intimidators surrendered 3 runs in the sixth on a Preston Scott home run and the Crawdads take it 4-2.
- Nolan Brown (RF): 0-2, 2 BB, run scored
- Luis Curbelo (SS): 1-4
- Craig Dedelow (CF): 1-4
- Tate Blackman (2B): 1-4, RBI
- Anthony Villa (1B): 1-3, run scored
- Drew Harrington (SP): 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 1 HR
- 52 of 75 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Hickory 4, Kannapolis 2 | Box Score
High-A Winston-Salem Dash
The Dash bats stayed red hot as they put up seven runs on the board. Ti’Quan Forbes and Laz Rivera had huge nights at the plate, going a combined 7-8.
- Ti’Quan Forbes (3B): 4-4, 2B, RBI, 2 runs scored
- Laz Rivera (SS): 3-4, 2 2B, 3B, RBI, run scored
- Gavin Sheets (1B): 1-4, 2 RBI
- Mitch Roman (2B): 3-4, 2 runs scored
- Yeyson Yrizarri (LF): 1-4, 3B, RBI, run scored
- Zach Remillard (RF): 1-4, HR (8), 2 RBI, run scored
- Blake Battenfield (SP): 3.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 2 HR
- 44 of 72 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Down East 3, Winston-Salem 7 | Box Score
Double-A Birmingham Barons
A three-run fifth thanks to hits from Joel Booker and Luis Basabe helped give the Barons a 3-2 win.
- Joel Booker (LF): 1-5, RBI, run scored
- Luis Alexander Basabe (CF): 2-3, BB, 2 RBI
- Bryant Flete (3B): 2-4, run scored
- Alfredo Gonzalez (C): 2-4, run scored
- Bernardo Flores (SP): 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- 63 of 96 pitches were strikes
- 3rd straight quality start since being promoted
Final Score: Birmingham 3, Chattanooga 2 | Box Score
Triple-A Charlotte Knights
Michael Kopech lasted just three innings, giving up 4 earned runs on 3 hits and 4 walks. Some of those walks though can be thanked to an unfriendly strike zone by home plate umpire Rich Grassa.
- Jose Rondon (SS): 1-3, HR (9), 2 BB, 2 RBI, run scored
- Eddy Alvarez (2B): 1-3, 2B, BB, run scored
- Casey Gillaspie (1B): 2-4, 2 2B, RBI
- Michael Kopech (SP): 3.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 6 K, 1 HR
- 40 of 74 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Durham 6, Charlotte 3 | Box Score
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @SoxOn35th for more updates!
Featured Photo: Winston-Salem Dash (@WSDashBaseball) / Twitter