Arizona League White Sox
The AZL White Sox put up a giant crooked number in the 6th inning when they scored 5 runs. They won it 8-5.
- Camilo Quinteiro (DH): 1-3, BB, RBI, 2 runs scored
- Lency Delgado (SS): 1-3, RBI
- Jose Colina (C): 1-3, 2B, run scored
- Anthony Coronado (LF): 2-4, RBI, run scored
- Taylor Varnell (SP): 5.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 1 HR
Final Score: AZL Mariners 5, AZL White Sox 8| Box Score
* Nick Madrigal Update: Sean Williams of The Loop Sports reports that the White Sox first round pick is still with the AZL team. He was not in uniform Sunday night, but he is fine in terms of health. Madrigal himself said that they would like for him to play at least one more game in Arizona before being promoted to Kannapolis later this week.
Rookie Great Falls Voyagers
The Voyagers blew a one-run lead in the ninth to allow the game to head into extras. Missoula then walked it off on a bunt single after Voyagers pitcher Vince Arobio committed a throwing error.
- Ramon Beltre (3B): 3-5, 2B, run scored
- Logan Sowers (LF): 2-2, 2 BB, RBI, 2 runs scored
- Adam McGinnis (DH): 1-3, BB, run scored
- Jason Bilous (SP): 2.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- 34 of 58 pitches were strikes
Final Score/10: Great Falls 6, Missoula 7 | Box Score
Low-A Kannapolis Intimidators
Kannapolis DH Carlos Perez went 2-3 and hit his first home run. However, it wasn’t enough as the BlueClaws scored 3 runs in the last 3 innings to edge out the Intimidators.
- Craig Dedelow (RF): 1-4, 2B, run scored
- Justin Yurchak (1B): 2-4, run scored
- Carlos Perez (DH): 2-3, HR (1), RBI, run scord
- Parker Rigler (SP): 6.2 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- 68 of 100 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Lakewood 4, Intimidators 3 | Box Score
High-A Winston-Salem Dash
After dropping Saturday night’s game, the Dash (or Rayados as they were known by today as part of a special promotion) got back to their winning ways. They ended up taking four of five games from Down East for the series win.
- Ti’Quan Forbes (3B): 2-4, 2 runs scored
- Blake Rutherford (CF): 2-4, 2 runs scored
- Mitch Roman (2B): 1-3, 2B, 3 RBI, run scored
- Yermin Mercedes (1B): 2-4, RBI, run scored
- Yeyson Yrizarri (SS): 1-2, BB, RBI
- Luis Martinez (SP): 7.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- 72 of 98 pitches were strikes
- 6th win of the season
Final Score: Down East 2, Winston-Salem 6 | Box Score
Double-A Birmingham Barons
After struggling in his previous outings, Alec Hansen fired his best start of the season for the Barons. He pitched 6 innings and his only big mistake came in the form of a Tyler Neslony home run during the first inning. That proved to be the difference maker as the Braves won it 1-0.
- Danny Mendick (SS): 1-3, HBP
- Trey Michalczewski (2B): 1-3
- Alfredo Gonzalez (C): 1-2, BB
- Jameson Fisher (RF): 1-2
- Alec Hansen (SP): 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 1 HR
- 66 of 103 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Mississippi 1, Birmingham 0 | Box Score
Triple-A Charlotte Knights
Despite being down 4-1 in the ninth, Charlotte battled back to tie things up thanks to RBI singles from Mason Robbins and Seby Zavala. Gwinnett answered in the bottom of the ninth with a walk-off single by Dustin Peterson.
- Mason Robbins (LF): 3-4, RBI, run scored
- Seby Zavala (C): 1-4, RBI
- Eddy Alvarez (2B): 1-3, HR (4), RBI, run scorred
- Jordan Stephens (SP): 5.2 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- 70 of 90 pitches were strikes!
Final Score: Charlotte 5, Gwinnett 4 | Box Score
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @SoxOn35th for more updates!
Featured Photo: Birmingham Barons (@BhamBarons) / Twitter