Arizona League White Sox
The Sox found themselves in 9-0 hole after the 5th inning, which is never ideal.
- Steele Walker (CF): 2-3
- Micah Coffey (3B): 2-4, 2 runs scored
- Sam Abbot (1B): 0-0, 2 BB
- Harvin Mendoza (PH-1B): 1-2, 2B, RBI
- Hector Acosta (SP): 4.1 IP, 9 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 2 HR
Final Score: AZL Cubs (1) 9, AZL White Sox 2| Box Score
Rookie Great Falls Voyagers
An RBI-single up the middle allowed Tim Millard to score for the Orem Owlz in an 11th inning walk-off loss for Great Falls.
- Lenyn Sosa (SS): 2-3, 2B, BB
- Logan Sowers (RF): 1-4, BB, run scored
- Alex Destino (LF): 1-5, HR (2), 2 RBI
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (1B): 2-4, 2B, RBI, 2 runs scored
- Codi Heuer (SP): 3.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, HR
- 26 of 44 pitches were strikes
Final Score/11: Great Falls 4, Orem 5 | Box Score
Low-A Kannapolis Intimidators
The Intimidators and Crawdads combined for 24 runs and 29 hits in an offensive battle. Kannapolis was behind the whole game but they kept it interesting. Unfortunately, they couldn’t put up a big enough rally.
- Ian Dawkins (LF): 4-6, RBI, 4 runs scored
- Luis Curbelo (SS): 2-5, RBI
- Nick Madrigal (2B): 2-5, 2 RBI, 2 runs scored
- Craig Dedelow (RF): 3-5, HR (7), 2B, 5 RBI, run scored
- Carlos Perez (C): 2-5, 2B, 2 runs scored
- Jhoan Quijada (SP): 1.0 IP, 3 H, 8 R, 7 ER, 4 BB, K, 2 HR
- 37 of 65 pitches were strikes
- A night to forget
Final Score: Kannapolis 10, Hickory 14 | Box Score
High-A Winston-Salem Dash
The Dash were in a back and forth battle with the Mudcats. They scored in the ninth to send the came to extras. Then, despite scoring in the tenth, Carolina managed to match them and then win it on an eleventh inning walk-off walk.
- Luis Gonzalez (CF): 1-5, RBI
- Laz Rivera (SS): 1-5, 2 runs scored
- Blake Rutherford (RF): 1-5, run scored
- Gavin Sheets (1B): 2-4, run scored
- Luis Martinez (SP): 4.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 6 BB, 8 K
- 55 of 106 pitches were strikes.
Final Score/11: Winston-Salem 5, Carolina 6 | Box Score
Double-A Birmingham Barons
Trey Michalczewski drove home the Barons’ lone run in the 3rd inning. They lost it in extra innings.
- Luis Alexander Basabe (CF): 1-5
- Trey Michalczewski (3B): 2-4, 3B, RBI
- Alex Call (RF): 2-4, 2B
- Ryan Brett (2B): 2-4, run scored
- Jimmy Lambert (SP): 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- 14 of 19 pitches were strikes
- Exited early with trainer in top of the third. No update on his condition was available at the time this was published.
Final Score/10: Jackson 2, Birmingham 1 | Box Score
Triple-A Charlotte Knights
Michael Kopech was filthy for a second straight start. He struck out 9 while only walking 1 and giving up an earned run. His time on the South Side is quickly approaching. Also, the Knights won it on a walk-off walk, which is fun.
- Eloy Jimenez (LF): 2-4, RBI
- Mason Robbins (DH): 2-4, run scored
- Patrick Leonard (3B): 1-3, HR (6), BB, 2 RBI, run scored
- Jake Elmore (SS-2B): 1-3, 2B, BB, RBI, run scored
- Michael Kopech (SP): 6.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
- 70 of 102 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Pawtucket 3, Charlotte 4 | Box Score
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @SoxOn35th for more updates!
Featured Photo: Laura Wolff (@LauraWolffPhoto) / Charlotte Knights