Arizona League White Sox
Ryan Cordell got three hits in the first game of a doubleheader. Sox ended up losing it 9-8.
- Ryan Cordell (CF): 3-5, 2B, RBI, run scored
- Camilo Quinteiro (2B): 0-5, 2 runs scored
- Gabriel Ortiz (DH): 2-3, 2B
- Kleyder Sanchez (C): 1-4, 2B, 3 RBI, run scored
- Brayan Herrera (SP): 3.2 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
Final Score/7: AZL White Sox 8, AZL Padres (1) 9 | Box Score
The AZL Sox scored 2 in the bottom of the seventh to walk it off in the second game.
- Anthony Coronado (RF): 1-3, 3B, run scored
- Brayant Nova (3B): 2-3, 2 runs scored
- Josue Guerrero (LF): 2-3, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Davis Martin (SP): 2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Final Score/7: AZL Padres (1) 3, AZL White Sox 4 | Box Score
Rookie Great Falls Voyagers
White Sox second-rounder Steele Walker and Logan Sowers hit back-to-back jacks in a Saturday night loss.
- Lenyn Sosa (SS): 1-4, run scored
- Steele Walker (CF): 1-3, HR (1), BB, RBI, run scored
- Logan Sowers (RF): 1-4, HR (5), RBI, run scored
- Batting average: .345
- OPS 1.018
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (1B): 1-3, BB
- Matt Portland (SP): 6.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 7 K, 2 HR
- 56 of 80 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Great Falls 3, Grand Junction 4| Box Score
Low-A Kannapolis Intimidators
Nick Madrigal had three hits, including his second double. He’s now hitting .529 with K-Town has hit safely in all four since his promotion.
- Luis Curbelo (SS): 2-5, 2B
- Nick Madrigal (2B): 3-5, 2B, RBI, 2 runs scored
- Tate Blackman (3B): 1-4, RBI, BB
- Tyler Frost (RF): 1-3, HR (13), BB, RBI, run scored
- Spencer Moran (SP): 4.0 IP, 6 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 2 K, 1 HR
- 45 of 79 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Kannapolis 4, Hickory | Box Score
High-A Winston-Salem Dash
The Dash exploded for 5 runs in the fifth inning and Blake Battenfield did his part on the mound. The Dash pitching staff combined for a 5-hit shutout.
- Blake Rutherford (DH): 3-5, 2B, RBI, 2 runs scored
- Mitch Roman (2B): 2-5, 2B, 2 RBI, run scored
- Yermin Mercedes (C): 2-4, 2B, RBI
- Blake Battenfield (SP): 6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- 64 of 95 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Winston-Salem 6, Myrtle Beach 0 | Box Score
Double-A Birmingham Barons
Bernardo Flores fired 7 innings of one run ball but the bullpen gave up three runs in the the top of the ninth. The Barons were able to climb back to within one in the bottom of the ninth but lost it.
- Joel Booker (LF): 2-4
- Luis Alecander Basabe (CF): 1-3, 2B, run scored
- Keon Barnum (1B): 2-4, HR (11), RBI, run scored
- Bryant Flete (3B): 1-3, HR (2), RBI, run scored
- Bernardo Flores (SP): 7.0 IP, 8 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- 63 of 93 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Jackson 4, Birmingham 3 | Box Score
Triple-A Charlotte Knights
Eloy Jimenez stayed hot with yet another multi-hit performance. Jose Rondon also had a nice game, smashing a pair of homers. The Knights hung on to win it 5-4, their fifth straight.
- Charlie Tilson (LF): 1-4, run scored
- Eloy Jimenez (DH): 3-4, 2B
- Jose Rondon (SS): 2-3, 2 HR (12), 3 RBI, 2 runs scored
- Trayce Thompson (CF): 1-3, BB
- Patrick Leonard (3B): 1-3, 2B, BB
- Matt Tomshaw (SP): 5.1 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- 59 of 94 pitches were strikes
Final Score: Indianapolis 4, Charlotte 5| Box Score
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @SoxOn35th for more updates!
Featured Photo: Brandon Anderson (@b_son4) / Twitter