The 2018 season was tough for the White Sox on the field, but a fun one in the stands. Die-hard fans showed their support for the South Siders through thick and thin. Back in January, I designed a koozie with a simple yet meaningful slogan – South Side Or Die. It is a dual-purpose piece of merchandise as it keeps your beverage cold and exemplifies an unwavering commitment to your favorite baseball team. Throughout the season, many friends and fans of the site sent in pictures while using the koozie. It appeared at many parties, bars, beaches, lakes, and even ended up traveling to nine different ballparks.
- Guaranteed Rate Field. I had the koozie with me at every game I attended throughout the season and took many pictures with it, as seen on the Sox On 35th Instagram page.
- Wrigley Field. Our own Matt McAley made the trek up to the North Side of town in early May for the first series of the Crosstown Cup.
- PNC Park. My friend Rick Wilkening made a trip to Pittsburgh to see the White Sox battle the Pirates in mid-May.
- Target Field. Former White Sox photographer and current Sox On 35th ambassador Danny Photography captured a great shot of the koozie on the field in Minnesota.
- Angel Stadium. Our own Matt McAley represented the blog on a trip to Southern California when the White Sox visited the Angels in mid-July.
- Fenway Park. Danny Photography brought our koozie to the oldest stadium in the MLB. The South Siders weren’t even playing Boston at this game, but he still represented his favorite Sox!
- Tropicana Field. Sox On 35th ambassador Andrew Kinzler made the trip to Tampa Bay to watch the White Sox sweep the Rays in early August.
- Comerica Park. From The 108 went to Detroit for their annual road trip and brought the koozie with them as the White Sox faced the Tigers on Player’s Weekend.
- Yankee Stadium. Friend of the blog and White Sox in-game host Alyssa Bergamini went to New York with her sister, Alaina, to watch the White Sox take on the Yankees in late August.
Thank you to everyone who showed their support for the South Siders with a Sox On 35th koozie this season! Whenever you use it, be sure to send us a picture on Twitter or Instagram and we will repost it! If you don’t have one yet, no need to worry as we will have more in stock in the near future.